Intro to Old Testament

This course provides a survey of the Old Testament, focusing on the texts in their historical and literary contexts. Students will learn to read the texts from various perspectives and evaluate the notion of the literature as sacred texts both for ancient readers as well as contemporary faith communities. Evaluation will be based on participation in interactive discussions, content quizzes, written assignments and examinations. This course meets in a blended format. Content for the course will be delivered online. The online format will cover 49% of the class experience. The remaining 51% of the course will occur in weekly face-­‐to-­‐face sessions. Course offered jointly by PLTS and CDSP.