January 13 – March 2, 2020
Sometimes you wonder if there’s a better way to prepare your sermons.
But it’s hard to know where to start and how to make change that matters—and lasts.
Craft an Effective Sermon by Friday provides the roadmap and structure you need to set up a better process.
Rooted in prayer and best practices, the tools you’ll receive in this class will re-invigorate your spirituality and bring you closer to being the preacher you hope to be.
In this class you will:
• discover new insights about the Scripture and your preaching
• learn preaching strategies you’ll be able to apply this week and every week
• experience your sermon prep as respite
• enjoy the camaraderie of colleagues during coaching sessions
• learn how to finish your sermon by Friday!
Instructor: Fr. Cathie Caimano
Cathie Caimano (‘Father Cathie’) is an Episcopal priest who has served parishes in New York City, Durham, NC, and Wichita, KS, as well as on the staff of Presiding Bishop Michael B. Curry while he was Bishop of North Carolina. She has offered over 800 sermons and considers preaching to be central to her ministry. Today she is a Free Range Priest who explores 21st century ministry within and beyond the congregation, including at Backstory Preaching.