Donate now

The St. Margaret’s Visiting Professorship was inaugurated in 2014, on the 40th anniversary of the ordination of the first women to the priesthood of the Episcopal Church. The professorship was made possible by generous support from faculty, alumna, and local laywomen. The chair is named in honor of St. Margaret's House, a Berkeley-based institution that trained deaconesses and laywomen for ministry in the Episcopal Church from 1909-66.

St. Margaret's Visiting Professors of Women in Ministry have included:

Fall 2014:  Dr. Jenny Te Paa Daniel

Spring 2016:  The Rev. Suzanne Guthrie

Fall 2016:  The Most Rev. Dr. Katharine Jefferts Schori

Learn more.