The Church Divinity School of the Pacific, the only Episcopal seminary in the western United States, offers professional degree programs that prepare its students for spiritual leadership in contemporary church and society. Founded in 1893, CDSP has over 100 students in its degree programs and over 200 in its extended learning programs. Its students come from 24 states and 7 countries. Its 1,850 alumni serve in faith communities and organizations around the United States and internationally.
CDSP is a founding member of the Graduate Theological Union, perhaps the most important ecumenical and interreligious consortium of accredited schools in the U.S., which offers M.A. and PhD academic degrees in addition to the professional degrees.
For more information about CDSP see CDSP.edu
Partner with the President and Board of Trustees to develop and execute a comprehensive strategic fundraising plan designed to cultivate, solicit and steward donors and prospects.
Reporting to the President/Dean, supervise, manage and evaluate the Director of Alumni Relations and Major Gift Officer (one position), the part-time Advancement Coordinator and Gift Planning Officer. Work closely with the Chair of the Trustee Advancement Committee, Director of Finance and Operations and communications consultant.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategic fundraising plan and program to cultivate, solicit and steward donors, prospects, alumni/ae and churches;
- Identify and implement strategies to increase support from new, existing and past donors;
- Lead the major and planned gift donor relations program and partner with the President/Dean, Trustees and Major Gifts Officer to solicit major gifts, participating in solicitations when appropriate;
- Manage a portfolio of current and potential major donors;
- Supervise the Advancement staff action plans and evaluate progress towards achievement of the goals and objectives;
- Ensure the involvement of alumni/ae, friends and churches with CDSP by coordinating communication and supporting communication activities to develop and deliver effective solicitation materials for fundraising efforts and to ensure excellence and consistency in branding, messaging and appearance of print and on-line materials;
- Manage the budget for all fundraising initiatives and activities and ensure clear goals and objectives for each initiative and activity;
- Create and deliver effective and informative presentations to the Board of Trustees, administrative team, staff, faculty and/or alumni/ae at the request of the President/Dean;
- Oversee the prospect database, including analysis, gift reporting, acknowledgements, accounting and data sharing. Understand audit requirements in these areas and develop processes, policies and protocol changes as needed;
- Track, monitor, analyze and report on key metrics regarding fundraising, community-building and alumni engagement as articulated in the fundraising plan;
- Serve as a member of CDSP’s executive team;
- Facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds;
- Contribute to the overall success of the advancement effort by working on special projects and performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, with an advanced degree, CFRE, or other fundraising credentials preferred;
- Five years progressively challenging experience with quantifiable results in individual fundraising and demonstrated success working with major donors and prospects, alumni/ae or membership relations preferred;
- Commitment to the mission of faith based organizations with experience working in a faith based organization preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, lead authentically and speak genuinely with strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage trustees, senior staff, volunteers, students and faculty in solicitation and cultivation activities;
- Computer literacy, particularly in word processing and fundraising databases, with a preference for knowledge of Raiser's Edge
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently, prioritize work and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Valid driver's license. Position requires some travel, and on-site presence 80% of the year.
- Readiness to participate in an open and affirming community with a commitment to address issues related to hospitality, diversity and multiculturalism, including race, color, ethnic origin, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, and age
- Ability and desire to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
This is a full-time position that offers a generous salary and benefits package. Candidates are subject to background checks.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of clients and the organization's operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time. There are some physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.