CDSP and Bloy House, the Episcopal Theological School at Claremont, offer a combined MDiv program that provides flexible preparation for ministry in today's church. Students study at Bloy House and CDSP and earn an MDiv from CDSP.
As a Bloy House/CDSP MDiv student, you can:
- Complete much of your MDiv study, including your entire first year, at Bloy House.
- Complete your study with thirteen months in CDSP's low-residence program. You'll study online at CDSP during the academic year and visit campus for one or two weeks in January and two weeks in June.
- Study with innovative professors committed to your personal Christian formation, your spiritual and theological growth, and your preparation for ministry in the 21st century.
- Take courses across the Graduate Theological Union to strengthen your understanding of different religious, theological and cultural perspectives.
- Gain experience and practice in ministry both on campus and through field education in your home diocese.
- Participate in our international partnerships in Hong Kong, Panama and beyond.
Apply to Bloy House by August 1 or December 15 and apply to CDSP by March 15 of the year in which you wish to begin the combined program.
Church Divinity School of the Pacific/ Bloy House ETSC Master of Divinity Requirements
|COURSES TAKEN AT BLOY HOUSE||COURSES TAKEN AT CDSP|
|ANGLICANISM||Normally students begin taking courses at CDSP after completing|
|Anglicanism I||at least one year at Bloy House.|
|Old Testament I||Biblical Language ***|
|Old Testament II|
|New Testament I||CHURCH HISTORY|
|New Testament II||History I (Early/Medieval) ***|
|History II (Reformation/Modern) ***|
|Major Christian Doctrines||FIELD EDUCATION|
|Contemporary Theology||Field Education Reflection I (0.0) *|
|Field Education Placement I|
|ETHICS||Field Education Reflection II (1.5) **|
|Introduction to Ethics||Field Education Placement II|
|Field Education Reflection III (0.0) *|
|LITURGICS & MUSIC|
|Introduction to Episcopal Worship||ELECTIVES|
|Pastoral Liturgies||Elective #1|
|PASTORAL & MINISTRY STUDIES||Elective #3 (1.5 or 3.0)|
|Spiritual Care and Counseling|
Preaching Introduction and Practicum
|*Taken in residence at CDSP during June intensive|
|Religious Education||**Taken in residence at CDSP during January intensive|
|Church Leadership||***Taken online through CDSP|
|Mission and Ministry of the Church||Two electives MUST be taken during a January or June intensive|
|at CDSP. One elective may be taken online or during a January|
|or June intensive.|
|Except as otherwise indicated, all courses are 3 credits.|