Affiliated Faculty, New Testament
B.Th., M.A. Universite Laval
Ph.D. University of St. Michael's College
From 1996 to 2002, Dr. Racine taught at the University of Québec at Chicoutimi where he has been on the faculty of the Religion and Ethics Department. As Associate Professor of New Testament at the Jesuit School, Dr. Racine teaches courses on Paul's Letters, the Synoptic Gospels, and the Acts of the Apostles. Dr. Racine's areas of research are New Testament textual criticism and narrative criticism applied to Luke-Acts. He is also interested in biblical hermeneutics.
- Introduction to New Testament (CDSP)
- Methods: Study of the Synoptics (JST)
- Paul's Letters: Context and Theology (JST)
- Luke Acts: Narrative Perspective (JST)
- "Une seconde dose d'Esprit Saint. Contribution d'Ac 4, 23-31 à l'intrigue des Actes des Apôtres,"in L'Esprit du Ressuscité?. Perspectives lucanienne et néotestamentaire. Mélanges en honneur àOdette Mainville. Eds. André GAGNÉ, Alain GIGNAC, Sylvie PAQUETTE. Sciences bibliques. Montréal: Médiaspaul, 2011, 283-302. 2012 with André Gagné. En marge du canon. Études sur les apocryphes juifs et chrétiens. L'Écriture de la Bible, no. 2; Paris: Cerf 292 pages.
- 2012 with Thomas C. Geer, Jr. "Analyzing and Categorizing New Testament Greek Manuscripts." In The Text of the New Testament in Contemporary Research: Essays on the satus quaestionis. 2nd ed. Eds. Bart D. Ehrman, Michael W. Holmes. New Testament Tools, Studies and Documents. Leiden:Brill, 497-518.