- About CDSP
- CDSP at a Glance
- Meet CDSP People
- Alumni / ae
- News & Info
Develop and implement a comprehensive program of activities designed to communicate with CDSP alumni/ae and Episcopal parishes and to keep them involved with CDSP. Plan and implement special events to enhance alumni/ae connections with CDSP, act as the staff liaison between the alumni/ae Council and CDSP, assist with implementing the goals and vision of the Council, and work with alumni/ae to raise their involvement with the Annual Fund and other activities of the school.
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Operations, work closely with the Chair of the Alumni/ae Council and development consultants, manage volunteers, and share the support of an administrative assistant.
* Develop a comprehensive program designed to cultivate the involvement of alumni/ae and parishes with CDSP by establishing viable goals and objectives for alumni/ae and parish involvement.
* Work closely with the Dean and President of CDSP, the VP for Finance and Operations and the advancement staff to produce strategies and action plans.
* Implement and supervise the action plans, and evaluate progress towards achievement of the goals and objectives.
* Ensure the involvement of alumni/ae and parishes with CDSP by coordinating communication and supporting communication activities.
* Ensure that the needs of all the CDSP constituencies are considered when planning events. Manage the budget for alumni/ae activities and ensure clear goals and objectives for each activity.
* Promote the involvement of graduating students in the CDSP alumni/ae community by informing graduating classes and emphasizing the advantages of their involvement.
* Facilitate alumni/ae contact with CDSP and fellow alumni/ae by collecting and managing information from alumni/ae, and preparing the information for publication and/or data base entry.
* Encourage volunteerism by serving as a role model, motivating volunteers to participate in a wide variety of CDSP and parish projects, and reaffirming the importance of volunteerism to the success of projects, CDSP, and the volunteers themselves.
* Help assure the accuracy of a data base which contains approximately 25,000 alumni/ae/friends and other constituent records.
* Foster good relationships with various constituencies of CDSP by responding to verbal and written inquiries regarding a variety of alumni/ae-related issues and concerns including the status or location of graduates, affiliation procedures and policies, upcoming alumni/ae activities and events, or other associated matters.
* Work with the Media Specialist in Web and New Media on social media, websites, and online marketing campaigns for alumni/ae relations.
* Facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
* Contribute to the overall success of the advancement effort by working on special projects and performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree, with an advanced degree, CFRE, or other fundraising credential preferred
* At least three years demonstrated success in alumni/ae or membership relations
* Commitment to the mission of faith based organizations with experience working in a faith based organization preferred
* Strong oral and written communication skills, with public speaking skills preferred
* Demonstrated ability in motivating volunteers
* Computer literacy, particularly in word processing and using fundraising databases, with a preference for knowledge of Raiser's Edge
* Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently, prioritize work and manage multiple projects and deadlines
* California driver's license and access to a motor vehicle in order to travel to and attend evening and/or weekend activities, meetings, events, seminars and workshops
* Readiness to participate in an open and affirming community with a commitment to address issues related to hospitality, diversity and multiculturalism, including race, color, ethnic origin, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, and age
* Ability and desire to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to all applications.
This is a full-time position that offers a generous salary and benefits package. Candidates are subject to background checks.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of clients and the organization's operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time. There are physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A list of representative physical demands will be provided to candidates upon request. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.